Sunday, January 27, 2013

Mall Of America Haul


So here we go, as promised my Mall of America haul!!  I don’t want to be showing off or boastful about my purchases, I just want to give people ideas if they are shopping on what I bought. My first stop of course was Sigma, that was the one store that I had to find first! I had a hard time decided what I wanted to get but finally decided on the New Synthetic Kabuki Kit 5 Brushes , the “dare” palette that has very rich and warm oranges and gold tones. I also got the dry and shape. I have heard good reviews on it, and it cuts down brush cleaning to 4-6 hours instead of overnight. I also purchased a blending brush: E25, a contour/blush brush F20, and a Precision round brush., P82. They also gave me a coupon to use online, I will share with you! JAN2013 (good till the end of January)






My next stop, Forever 21 +, I found this cute black blazer with rhinestones in the 50% off section. I also found a polka dot tank top, and a pretty pinkish, coral color button up dress. The store was so big that it got really overwhelming. The plus size again was not as large compared to the whole store, but much bigger than the ones around home.




 
To start off H&M plus had a pretty good selection. I mean compared to how big the store was, my poor plus section was way in the back and was sharing its corner with sportswear (not plus).  But beggars can’t be choosers. I noticed that the sleeves in most everything I tried ran very small, So I had to keep pumping up the size to make sure I had room in the sleeves. I bought 2 silky blouses, one with stud’s woohoo!, and a longer mint sweater with pockets. The pink blazer was a super find! When I tried it on I loved it! The fit was perfect, then I saw the price of $50 and thought it was a little high. When I took the jacket off, I realized that in one of the sleeves the lining had been ripped out from the wrist all the way to the shoulder. Annoying! Well my sister who works at H&M told me that they would give me a discount so that’s just what they did, $25 dollars off! Score! Along with her family discount I got a really great deal on everything. I also found a few accessories and a cute clutch that were all 50% off.


My last stop was Macy’s, I did not go to the Mall of America one but the Macy’s that was in Minneapolis by our fancy hotel. I would have to say that out of all the plus size sections I have seen. The colors and patterns were on trend, the cuts were correct to plus size bodies, and the clothes were well made. The only down side is the price. Everything I purchased was on the 75% off rack. Something that I did find interesting was the difference between changing rooms in the plus size section that the regular section. The plus size section was like any regular changing rooms, wooden benches and one floor length mirror in the dressing room. When I peeked in the dressing rooms in the regular size section it was like walking into a fancy boutique. Nice new carpet, chic wall paper, cushioned seats inside the room, and three mirrors that you could manipulate in order to see your outfit in different angles. Now you tell me how that is fair? I don’t think so! Ok enough with the rant, I got a cute olive green/greyish jacket that has a but of military flare to it, I also purchased a silky blue blouse and a pin lace top.


 
So there it is, Adriana and I have already decided that we must go back together! Any Minneapolis folk brave enough to host us???

-Cristina

No comments:

Post a Comment